Here is a healthy treat made with unprocessed ingredients which will do wonders for your body and health. High in fibre and natural ingredients this is a perfect substitute for all those snacks you reach out for when you want something that is sweeter. Whether you have them for a mid-morning break or with your afternoon tea, a treat for the kid’s lunch boxes or to take for a long walk or a trip in the car these bite sized morsels will become a firm favourite. The best thing is that they are so easy to make too!
Food Fiend Experience is a cookery school based on North Hayling offering events as well as cookery courses. For more information go to: www.foodfiendexp.com
100g coconut sugar
125g oat flakes
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Drizzle of milk if required
- Whisk egg and coconut sugar together.
- Melt butter add to egg and sugar mixture. Mix oat flakes, coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a separate bowl and then add to sugar and butter mixture. Mix well and a drizzle of milk if required.
- Drop a teaspoon full of mixture onto a baking sheet with grease proof paper or silicone baking mat leave plenty of space between each mound of mixture.
- Pre heat oven and bake at 170 degrees fan oven for 8 minutes and then turn tray round and then for a further 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before removing from the baking sheet.