Alan Mak MP hosted the Awards at South Downs College on the 29th April.
The event recognised the entrepreneurial spirit and courage of those who embark on new business ventures - often in the face of competition from much larger companies, managing to thrive and grow through hard work and determination to succeed. This is a lesson to all would-be business venturers to give it a go, put all your efforts into your project and don’t give up when the going gets tough!
Following the awards ceremony the evening was rounded of by talks from Alan Mak MP, Paul Lindley founder of Ella’s Kitchen, and Gary Medlow MD of Fasset.
A networking reception followed with guests being served light refreshments produced by Southdowns College catering students.
Winners of the award categories were:
- Best Café - 19fourteas, Havant
- Best Local Tradesperson - The Dust Dolly, Havant
- Best Takeaway - Coastguard Café, Hayling Island
- Best Street Vendor/Home Based Business - Innovation Fitness, Emsworth
- Best Apprentice - Matthew Winslade of Fasset Ltd, Havant
- Best Health and Beauty Business - Chapel Medi-Spa, Havant
- Best Restaurant - Fat Olives, Emsworth
- Best Family Business - Fresh From the Boat, Emsworth - also Overall Winner!
- Best Pub - The Blue Bell, Emsworth
- Best New Business - The Emsworth Brewhouse, Emsworth
- Greatest Contribution to the Community - Tina Heath
- Business Personality of the Year 2016 - Julie Parham