Some of this year’s main events include -
- Emsworth Market Day with Hampshire Farmers’ Market - Sat 17th Sept
- The ‘Great British Menu’ College Lunches - 3 local catering colleges take over the Brookfield Hotel and design, prepare and serve a ‘Great British Menu’
- Fareham College - 20th Sept Highbury College – 29th Sept South Downs College – 30th Sept
- Emsworth Apple Pressing Day – Sun 18th Sept
- A real community event, local apples producing ‘Emsworth Apple Presse 2016’ in the Square
- Hampshire Farmers’ Market Award’s Dinner – Brookfield Hotel - Tues 22nd Sept
- A celebration of everything that is fabulous about Hampshire’s Food and Drink industry. Four course meal and a glass of Hampshire fizz.
- The Emsworth Wine Fair - Sat 24th Sept
Organised by the areas 4 local independent wine merchants, this is a wonderful opportunity to taste over 40 wines and spirits, together with some local cheeses and artisan foods. While focussing on award winning English wines, which will include amongst others Hambledon Vineyard, Chapel Down, Albourne Estate and Wickham Wines, there will also be some fantastic wines from other regions from Rioja to Stellenbosch. But its not just wine, British Gins and other spirits will also be available to taste.
- Emsworth Community Seafood Lunch - Sun 25th Sept
Emsworth can trace much of its heritage back to its maritime history and although in the main the fishing boats and its once famous oyster industry may have gone, Emsworth, unlike so many similar communities has still managed to maintain its sense of place. This was celebrated last December with the Lobster Pot Christmas tree, which was a source of great pride and enjoyment for the whole community. The Emsworth Community Seafood lunch will once again celebrate this heritage, the lunch will be served on the Quay, on long communal tables and will be prepared by four of the areas leading restaurant Chefs:
Lawrence Murphy – Fat Olives
Gary Pearce – 36 on the Quay
Giles Babb – Blue Bell Inn
Jon Scourfield – Brookfield Hotel
- Emsworth’s First British Beer and Cider Festival - Fri 30th Sept to Sun 2nd Oct
- Enjoy up to 30 great British beers, both local and from further afield, along with some astonishingly good English wines and cider, as well as live entertainment and local food prodcuers.
- A ‘Thought for Food’ Local Showcase Market - Sat 1st Oct
- The A Thought For Food Market will be back for a third year on Saturday, 1st October. Created to enable local food & drink producers from West Sussex and Hampshire to come together and showcase their products here in Emsworth, this outdoor market has proved a big hit with both visitors and producers. There will be live music, poetry and creative writing readings, The Portsmouth Shanty Men, food safaris and food demonstrations throughout the day so this market should have something to appeal to just about everyone!
- A Boost of Kindness’
- Working with The Beacon Food Bank to build a ‘Food Mountain’ - culminating on Sun 2nd Oct
- Taking the Harvest to Primary Schools - In conjunction with Hampshire Farmers’ Market taking food education into local primary schools with Food workshops for pupils.
- A Special Community Harvest Festival Service in St. Peter’s Square - Sun 2nd Oct 11.30am
“We are so excited about this year’s Emsworth British Food Fortnight, we were determined to build on last year’s success and are so grateful to the partners we have been able to involve, particularly our headline sponsor’s Montezumas Chocolate, their support will enable us to invest more in food education and awareness as well as allowing the range and breadth of events to increase. I honestly can’t wait to see Emsworth celebrating this year’s harvest” said Alistair Gibson, Emsworth Business Association
“The Brookfield Hotel is proud to be a sponsor of this year’s Emsworth British Food Fortnight. We are so excited to share in the passion that Emsworth has in promoting our community, to live and work in. This is a real celebration of all the very best of seasonal and local produce as well as all that is great about Emsworth.” Amanda Thomas, General Manager, The Brookfield Hotel
“Being actively involved in our local communities and supporting the rural economy across the south of England is really important to The Southern Co-operative. The feel good factor generated by last year’s British Food Fortnight in Emsworth was outstanding, so it is a pleasure to be involved again this year; backing the ‘A Thought for Food’ Local Showcase Market on Saturday 1st October. British Food Fortnight is a real opportunity to celebrate the people behind our fabulous local food, including those who supply our own Local Flavours range in store.” Garry Farne, Retail Business Manager for The Southern Co-operative, Emsworth
- A full listing of events will be released in this year’s programme, to be launched on 1st September
- An announcement of ticket sales for ticked events will follow shortly.
- For more information about British Food Fortnight – www.lovebritishfood.co.uk
For more information on the British Food Fortnight in Emsworth visit: www.Emsworth.org.uk